Retailing perishable goods is uniquely complex and full of risks. Seasonal variations, shifting diet fads, variable supply, fast-aging inventory and global trade add up to highest volatility categories in the retail sector. Some retailers integrate their stores with suppliers, creating both opportunities and challenges. Some even manage their own farms and factories to ensure quality in their products. This requires solutions tailored for their unique problems.
- Understand the impact of promotions and list price changes on your demand in a fast-changing and seasonal environment
- Identify the right mix of finished good products and promotions to sell your unprocessed perishable inventory
- Optimize your distribution and production plans to feed your stores at the least cost
- Improve promotions effectiveness for perishable goods
- Reduce cost of meeting demand across fulfillment network